CSS uses the same “block comment” syntax as the C-like languages – you start a comment with /* , and end it with */ . However, CSS is missing the “line comment” syntax that those languages have, where everything from // to the end of the line is commented out.
How do we insert comments in CSS?
The /* */ comment syntax is used for both single and multiline comments. There is no other way to specify comments in external style sheets. However, when using the element, you may use Can you put comments in HTML?
To comment out in HTML, insert information between tags (browsers won’t show these notes). Commenting in HTML allows developers to leave notes about their code, its functionality or to indicate necessary changes for the future.
How do I add a comment section in HTML?
- section id=”content”> – the blog post content.
- section id=”comments”> – where the comments are to appear. This is where the majority of our work will be done.
How do you add comments to a website expression?
With the Web page open, click in Code view wherever you want to insert the comment. Make sure that your insertion location isn’t inside an HTML tag. Code View), click the Insert Comment button. Insert Comment.
What is correct CSS syntax?
The selector points to the HTML element you want to style. Each declaration includes a CSS property name and a value, separated by a colon. … Multiple CSS declarations are separated with semicolons, and declaration blocks are surrounded by curly braces.
How do I make a comment box in HTML and CSS?
Simply fill in the blanks or remove uneeded attributes.
- The Tag. For an explanation of all the attributes, see the HTML form tag specifications. …
- The Tag. This tag defines the comment box within the form.
What are comments?
In computer programming, a comment is a programmer-readable explanation or annotation in the source code of a computer program. They are added with the purpose of making the source code easier for humans to understand, and are generally ignored by compilers and interpreters.
What is comment tag in HTML?
The comment tag is used to insert comments in the source code. Comments are not displayed in the browsers. You can use comments to explain your code, which can help you when you edit the source code at a later date.
How do I make single line comments in HTML?
The only HTML comment is It can be used as a single line comment or double, it is really up to the developer. So, an HTML comment starts with How do you create a real time commenting system?
- Step 1: Create a folder named public and create an index. html. …
- Step 2: Add boilerplate Code to our index. html. …
- Step 3: Create style. …
- Step 4: Add the Pusher JS library and create app. …
- Step 5: Creating Form for adding new comment. …
- Step 6: Display list of comments received for this channel.
How do you insert a comment with more than one line?
To comment more than one line:
- Select all the lines that you would like to be commented.
- Press Ctrl + / Two slashes “//” will be added to the front of each line, causing them to be recognized as a comment.
Which symbol starts with HTML comments?
This element is used to add a comment to an HTML document. An HTML comment begins with . HTML comments are visible to anyone that views the page source code, but are not rendered when the HTML document is rendered by a browser.
Why would you add white space to a Web page?
Whitespace not only creates harmony, balance, and helps to brand a design, it can also be used to lead a reader from one element to another. Our main goals are to make the website look simple and uncluttered and to deliver information that our readers will enjoy and appreciate.