CSS uses the same “block comment” syntax as the C-like languages – you start a comment with /* , and end it with */ . However, CSS is missing the “line comment” syntax that those languages have, where everything from // to the end of the line is commented out.
How do you comment on a line?
To comment a line:
- Place the cursor anywhere on the required line of code.
- Press Ctrl + / Two slashes “//” will be added to the front of the line, causing it to be recognized as a comment.
How do you comment out a line in HTML?
HTML comment Tag: Main Tips
- The <! — –> is an HTML comment tag.
- To comment out in HTML, insert information between <! — and –> tags (browsers won’t show these notes).
- Commenting in HTML allows developers to leave notes about their code, its functionality or to indicate necessary changes for the future.
1 дек. 2017 г.
How do you comment out a line of code?
Commenting out code
- In the C/C++ editor, select the line(s) of code that you want to comment out. If no lines are selected comments will be added (or removed) at the current cursor position.
- Right-click and select Source > Toggle Comment. ( CTRL+/ )
How do you add a note in CSS?
Comments in CSS can be added by using the /* tag, which is then closed off by using */ . Note: Code that is commented out is not used to style the page. This technique can be used to add both single and multi-line comments.
What are comments?
In computer programming, a comment is a programmer-readable explanation or annotation in the source code of a computer program. They are added with the purpose of making the source code easier for humans to understand, and are generally ignored by compilers and interpreters.
How do you comment multiple lines in VS code?
Comment Code Block Ctrl+K+C/Ctrl+K+U
Whether it’s because you’re trying to track down a “but,” or experimenting with code change, from time to time you’ll want to comment and uncomment blocks of code. If you select a block of code and use the key sequence Ctrl+K+C, you’ll comment out the section of code.
How do you comment multiple lines in HTML?
So far we have seen single line comments, but HTML supports multi-line comments as well. You can comment multiple lines by the special beginning tag <! — and ending tag –> placed before the first line and end of the last line as shown in the given example below.
What is a multi line comment?
Multiline comments are used for large text descriptions of code or to comment out chunks of code while debugging applications. Comments are ignored by the compiler.
What is a single line comment?
Single-line comments allow narrative on only one line at a time. Single-line comments can begin in any column of a given line and end at a new line or carriage return. The // character sequence marks the text following it as a single-line comment. Here’s an example.
How do you comment multiple lines?
For single line comment you can use Ctrl + / and for multiple line comment you can use Ctrl + Shift + / after selecting the lines you want to comment in java editor. On Mac/OS X you can use Cmd + / to comment out single lines or selected blocks.
How do you comment out a line in Unix?
Follow the steps given below for commenting multiple using the terminal.
- First, press ESC.
- Go to the line from which you want to start commenting. …
- use the down arrow to select multiple lines that you want to comment.
- Now, press SHIFT + I to enable insert mode.
- Press # and it will add a comment to the first line.
8 мар. 2020 г.
How do I comment multiple lines in conf?
First, go to the first line you want to comment, press CtrlV. This will put the editor in the VISUAL BLOCK mode. Then using the arrow key and select until the last line Now press ShiftI, which will put the editor in INSERT mode and then press #. This will add a hash to the first line.
What is CSS and its types?
Cascading Style Sheet(CSS) is used to set the style in web pages that contain HTML elements. It sets the background color, font-size, font-family, color, … etc property of elements on a web page. There are three types of CSS which are given below: Inline CSS.
How do I make a comment box in HTML and CSS?
Simply fill in the blanks or remove uneeded attributes.
- The <form> Tag. For an explanation of all the attributes, see the HTML form tag specifications. …
- The <textarea> Tag. This tag defines the comment box within the form.
What is correct CSS syntax?
The selector points to the HTML element you want to style. Each declaration includes a CSS property name and a value, separated by a colon. … Multiple CSS declarations are separated with semicolons, and declaration blocks are surrounded by curly braces.