How do you select the first letter in CSS?
::first-letter (:first-letter) The ::first-letter CSS pseudo-element applies styles to the first letter of the first line of a block-level element, but only when not preceded by other content (such as images or inline tables).
How do I make the first letter of a word capital in CSS?
CSS – text-transform
- capitalize − The first letter of each word in the element’s text should be capitalized.
- uppercase − All of the characters in the element’s text should be uppercase (capital letters).
- lowercase − All of the characters in the element’s text should be lowercase.
How do I make the first text bold in CSS?
There is no ::first-word pseudo-element in CSS; you’ll have to wrap the first word in an extra element and then select that. So creat a class called bold and wrap first word in the class. just put the first word in a strong tag. The current CSS selectors do now allow this.
How do I select a specific element in CSS?
The id of an element is unique within a page, so the id selector is used to select one unique element! To select an element with a specific id, write a hash (#) character, followed by the id of the element.
How do I select all checkboxes CSS?
The :checked selector matches every checked <input> element (only for radio buttons and checkboxes) and <option> element.
How do you justify content?
- flex-start (default): items are packed toward the start line.
- flex-end : items are packed toward to end line.
- center : items are centered along the line.
- space-between : items are evenly distributed in the line; first item is on the start line, last item on the end line.
19 дек. 2018 г.
Is HTML case sensitive?
What is text-decoration in CSS?
The text-decoration shorthand CSS property sets the appearance of decorative lines on text. It is a shorthand for text-decoration-line , text-decoration-color , text-decoration-style , and the newer text-decoration-thickness property.
Which is the correct CSS syntax?
The selector points to the HTML element you want to style. The declaration block contains one or more declarations separated by semicolons. Each declaration includes a CSS property name and a value, separated by a colon.
What is 1px in HTML?
For low-dpi devices, 1px is one device pixel (dot) of the display. For printers and high resolution screens 1px implies multiple device pixels.
How do you make something invisible in CSS?
Here are a few methods for using CSS to hide text:
- Specify an attribute of display:none. …
- Specify an attribute of visibility: hidden. …
- Use the z-index command to place your text on a layer below the currently viewable layer. …
- Fahrner Image Replacement. …
- Use CSS to position the text off the screen.
7 окт. 2007 г.
Can we add multiple declaration in CSS?
The real goal is to apply different declarations to different parts of the document. CSS allows this by associating conditions with declarations blocks. Each (valid) declaration block is preceded by one or more comma-separated selectors, which are conditions selecting some elements of the page.
What does * do in CSS?
5 Answers. In simple words, its the key to target css on different IE browser versions. It can also be called as an CSS Hack.
What are CSS selectors?
A CSS selector is the first part of a CSS Rule. It is a pattern of elements and other terms that tell the browser which HTML elements should be selected to have the CSS property values inside the rule applied to them.
How do you select a child element in CSS?
The element > element selector selects those elements which are the children of specific parent. The operand on the left side of > is the parent and the operand on the right is the children element. Example: Match all <h2> element that are child of only <div> element.