The tag defines superscript text. Superscript text appears half a character above the normal line, and is sometimes rendered in a smaller font. Superscript text can be used for footnotes, like WWW. Tip: Use the tag to define subscript text.
How do you write superscript in text?
To make text appear slightly above (superscript) or below (subscript) your regular text, you can use keyboard shortcuts.
- Select the character that you want to format.
- For superscript, press Ctrl, Shift, and the Plus sign (+) at the same time. For subscript, press Ctrl and the Equal sign (=) at the same time.
Which tag is used for superscript in HTML?
The HTML Superscript element ( <sup> ) specifies inline text which is to be displayed as superscript for solely typographical reasons. Superscripts are usually rendered with a raised baseline using smaller text.
How do you write squared in HTML?
㎡ – square m squared (U+33A1) – HTML Symbols.
What is superscript format?
A superscript or subscript is a number, figure, symbol, or indicator that is smaller than the normal line of type and is set slightly above it (superscript) or below it (subscript). … If you’re creating a footnote, you might also want to do this with a number.
How do you write superscript 3?
For superscript, simply press Ctrl + Shift + + (press and hold Ctrl and Shift, then press +). For subscript, press CTRL + = (press and hold Ctrl, then press =).
Is superscript a font style?
Superscript is not related to the font style. It is a letter, character number or symbol that is set slightly for the normal line of type.
What is subscript in HTML?
The <sub> tag defines subscript text. Subscript text appears half a character below the normal line, and is sometimes rendered in a smaller font. Subscript text can be used for chemical formulas, like H2O. Tip: Use the <sup> tag to define superscripted text.
What is strong tag in HTML?
The <strong> tag is used to define text with strong importance. The content inside is typically displayed in bold.
What is emphasis tag in HTML?
The <em> tag is used to define emphasized text. The content inside is typically displayed in italic. A screen reader will pronounce the words in <em> with an emphasis, using verbal stress.
What is symbol in HTML?
HTML Symbol Entities
Many mathematical, technical, and currency symbols, are not present on a normal keyboard. To add such symbols to an HTML page, you can use the entity name or the entity number (a decimal or a hexadecimal reference) for the symbol.
How do I use the bullet symbol in HTML?
- UNICODE. U+02022.
- HEX CODE. •
- HTML CODE. •
- HTML ENTITY. •
- CSS CODE. 2022. <span>•</span> content: “2022”;
How do I put text on top of HTML?
The HTML <td> valign Attribute is used to specify the vertical alignment of text content in a cell. Attribute Value: top: It sets the content to top-align. middle: It sets the content to middle-align.
How do you write first?
- Click Tools > AutoCorrect Options.
- In the AutoCorrect dialog box, click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Select the Ordinals (1st) with superscript check box.
- Type the number in sequential order and English letters. English letters are positioned at above the baseline.
What is subscript and superscript in HTML?
Subscript: The <sub> tag is used to add a subscript text to the HTML document. … The <sup> tag defines the superscript text. Superscript text appears half a character above the normal line and is sometimes rendered in a smaller font. Superscript text can be used for footnotes.
How do you superscript in Word?
Superscript in Word
- Place cursor where you want the superscript to go. Click where you’d like the superscript to appear. …
- Click the X2 button. You can find the superscript button on the ‘Home’ tab. …
- Type your superscript. Type whatever you want to be included in your superscript. …
- Exit out of superscript.
28 нояб. 2018 г.