element (or HTML Strikethrough Element) places a strikethrough (horizontal line) over text. Usage note: This element is deprecated in HTML 4 and XHTML 1, and obsoleted in HTML5. If semantically appropriate, i.e., if it represents deleted content, use instead. In all other cases use .
How do you strikethrough text?
Follow these simple steps to cross out text on any webpage or social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Enter your text.
- Click on StrikeEm button.
- Click the s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ generated.
- Copy the s̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ .
- Paste it where you want.
How do you add a strike?
How to Strikethrough text in Excel
- Select the cells you want to strikeout in your spreadsheet.
- Hit Ctrl + 1 to open the Format Cells dialog box.
- Navigate to the Font tab.
- Select Strikethrough.
- Click OK.
What is strike tag?
The HTML <strike> element is found within the <body> tag. The <strike> tag is used to draw a horizontal line over the text (also called strikethrough). See also the <del> tag and the <s> tag.
What is the keyboard shortcut for strikethrough text?
For a quick single strikethrough effect, you can use a keyboard combination to quickly reach the outcome. On a PC: the shortcut is Alt + H + 4. So, you select a piece of text or an entire paragraph and hit these keys on your keyboard. On a Mac: The keyboard shortcut is Cmd+Shift+X.
Can you strikethrough in Adobe?
Choose Tools > Comment, and select the Highlight Text tool , the Strikethrough Text tool , or the Underline Text tool . Note: If you want to apply more than one comment using the Strikeout Text tool or the Underline Text tool, choose Keep Tool Selected from the Options menu after you select the tool.
How do you do strikethrough red in Word?
Please do as follows.
- Click Insert > Shapes > Line. See screenshot:
- Then draw a line on the cell text you need to add strikethrough as below screenshot shown.
- Keep selecting the line to display the Drawing Tools tab, then choose a color for the line in the Shape Outline drop-down list under the Format tab.
How do you cross out words in outlook?
Step 1: Select the text you will add strikethrough to in Message window. Step 2: Click the Strikethrough button in the Font group on the Format Text tab. Now the strikethrough is added to the selected text at once.
How do you strike a word in Excel?
Where is the font Strikethrough option?
- Click Open in Excel.
- Select the cells containing the data you want to format.
- Click the Format Cells box launcher. Tip: You can also press Ctrl+5.
- In the Format Cells box, under Effects, click Strikethrough.
- Save the workbook and reopen it in Excel for the web to see the changes.
What is an A in HTML?
The HTML <a> element (or anchor element), with its href attribute, creates a hyperlink to web pages, files, email addresses, locations in the same page, or anything else a URL can address. Content within each <a> should indicate the link’s destination.
What is TT in HTML?
The obsolete HTML Teletype Text element ( <tt> ) creates inline text which is presented using the user agent’s default monospace font face. This element was created for the purpose of rendering text as it would be displayed on a fixed-width display such as a teletype, text-only screen, or line printer.
What is big tag in HTML?
The HTML <big> element is found within the <body> tag. The <big> tag is used to make the text one size bigger (ie: from small to medium, medium to large, large to x-large). The <big> tag can not make the text larger than the browser’s maximum font size. … Use CSS instead such as the font-size property.
What is the command for strikethrough in Google Docs?
Keyboard shortcuts for Google Docs
|Strikethrough||Alt + Shift + 5|
|Superscript||Ctrl + .|
|Subscript||Ctrl + ,|
|Copy text formatting||Ctrl + Alt + c|
Where is strikethrough in Powerpoint?
To apply strikethrough:
- Select the text you want to strikethrough.
- Click the Home tab in the Ribbon.
- Click the dialog box launcher on the bottom right of the Font group (corner button). A dialog box appears.
- Select or check Strikethrough. You can also select Double Strikethrough.
- Click OK or press Enter.
What is the shortcut for strikethrough in Word on a Mac?
Open your Pages document. Select the text to receive Strikethrough, and then press control S. Set it up as Viking advises, however the standard Office shortcut is command shift x.