How do I make a horizontal line in HTML?
HTML | <hr> Tag
The <hr> tag in HTML stands for horizontal rule and is used to insert a horizontal rule or a thematic break in an HTML page to divide or separate document sections. The <hr> tag is an empty tag and it does not require an end tag.
How do you make a horizontal line in HTML CSS?
Its simple to add a horizontal line in your markup, just add: <hr>. Browsers draw a line across the entire width of the container, which can be the entire body or a child element. Originally the HR element was styled using attributes.
How do you insert a line?
Use the Shapes Menu to Insert a Line in Word
- Place the cursor in the spot where you want to insert a line.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- In the Illustrations group, select the Shapes drop-down arrow.
- In the Lines group, choose a line shape.
- In the Word document, drag across the location where you want the line to appear.
4 дек. 2020 г.
What is an A in HTML?
The HTML <a> element (or anchor element), with its href attribute, creates a hyperlink to web pages, files, email addresses, locations in the same page, or anything else a URL can address. Content within each <a> should indicate the link’s destination.
How do I make a horizontal line thicker in HTML?
If you want to change the thickness, or height of your horizontal line, add the height property to your <hr> style. In this case, you can also set the background-color property for the thick horizontal line.
Which tag is used for horizontal line?
Description. The HTML <hr> tag is used for creating a horizontal line. This is also called Horizontal Rule in HTML.
What is P in HTML?
The HTML <p> element represents a paragraph. Paragraphs are usually represented in visual media as blocks of text separated from adjacent blocks by blank lines and/or first-line indentation, but HTML paragraphs can be any structural grouping of related content, such as images or form fields.
How do you insert a vertical line?
Vertical Lines in Word
- Display the Insert tab of the ribbon.
- Click the Shapes tool and then click one of the line shapes from the Line group. …
- Click at one end of where you want your line, but don’t release the mouse button.
- Drag the mouse to where you want the other end of the line positioned.
- Release the mouse button.
8 июл. 2020 г.
How do you type a vertical line?
You can type a straight vertical line, or “|,” on most modern keyboards dating back to some of the 1980s IBM PCs. It’s generally found above the backslash, so you can type a “|” by holding down the shift key and hitting the “” key.
How do you insert a straight line in Word?
Draw a line
- On the Insert tab, select Shapes.
- Under Lines, select any line style you like.
- Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button.
What is HTML anchor?
An anchor is a piece of text which marks the beginning and/or the end of a hypertext link. The text between the opening tag and the closing tag is either the start or destination (or both) of a link. … If the HREF attribute is present, the anchor is sensitive text: the start of a link.
What are the 3 types of hyperlinks?
Text hyperlink – Uses a word or phrase to take visitors to another page, file or document. Image hyperlink – Uses an image to take visitors to another page, file or document. Bookmark hyperlink – Uses text or an image to take visitors to another part of a web page.
What is HREF in HTML?
Definition and Usage. The href attribute specifies the URL of the page the link goes to. If the href attribute is not present, the <a> tag will not be a hyperlink. Tip: You can use href=”#top” or href=”#” to link to the top of the current page!