HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. It’s the way web pages and email templates are coded so that text is formatted and images are added. Plain Text is regular text, with no formatting options such as bold, italics, underlines, or special layout options.
What is HTML format?
Is it better to use HTML or plain text?
To summarize, both plain text HTML emails have their uses. … HTML is generally better for marketing emails. Plain text may be better for personal contact. Give people an option to use plain text when receiving your newsletter.
How do I convert plain text to HTML?
You can change a plain text message to HTML.
- In the message, click Reply, Reply All, or Forward.
- If you’re working in the Reading Pane, click Pop Out. Note: If you aren’t working in the Reading Pane, you don’t need to do this.
- In the message window, click Format Text > HTML.
Is Gmail plain text or HTML?
In Gmail, you can easily send messages either using rich HTML formatting or just plain text. Plain-text formats strip formatting like colors and images. Follow the instructions in your email program to send plain-text messages through Gmail. The instructions that follow only apply to Gmail in a web browser.
What is HTML file example?
Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) is the most common language used to create documents on the World Wide Web. HTML uses hundreds of different tags to define a layout for web pages. Most tags require an opening <tag> and a closing </tag>. Example: <b>On a webpage, this sentence would be in bold print.</b>
How do I play an HTML file?
HTML: Viewing HTML-files
- start your browser.
- under the “File” menu click on “Open Page” …
- in this new box, click on “Choose File” (if you cannot fill-in the file’s location directly)
- once the file is found (in the “File Browser” window), click “OK”
What is raw text in HTML?
The HTML Plaintext Element ( <plaintext> ) renders everything following the start tag as raw text, ignoring any following HTML. … If <plaintext> is the first element on the page (other than any non-displayed elements, like <head> ), do not use HTML at all.
What is rich HTML?
Rich HTML emails include images, clickable links and buttons, graphics and other visually appealing design elements.
Why is HTML Email bad idea?
The HTML code is what provides the formatting (or “stylization”, such as fancy font types, colored text etc.) of the text in the E-mail message, in pretty much the same way that HTML code provides the layout of the text on a web page. … Therefore it’s generally a bad idea to use HTML code in E-mail.
Can you convert Word to HTML?
To convert a Word file to HTML using Word2CleanHTML,
- Open the Word file. …
- Select all using CTRL + A; copy all using CTRL + C.
- Go to the Word2Clean tool and paste the text using CTRL + V.
- Click the Convert to Clean HTML button.
- After the file is converted, click on Copy HTML to Clipboard.
What is the difference between HTML and rich text emails?
If you need advanced functionality with flexible styling options or you want to use a fancy email signature, use the HTML format. If you’re only looking for adjustable text options, such as italics or bolding, use the Rich Text format. When you just want text and no other options, you can use the Plain Text format.
How do I make Outlook always reply in HTML?
Always reply in HTML format automatically with Kutools for Outlook
- Click Kutools > Fixed Formatting > Fixed Reply Formatting > Set Reply Formatting. …
- In the Set Reply Formatting dialog box, select the HTML option and then click the OK button.
Is Gmail a HTML?
If you’re using a browser that isn’t supported, you’ll see Gmail in HTML view. When you’re in Basic HTML view, you won’t see some Gmail features, including: Chat.
How do I enable HTML in Gmail?
How to Switch Gmail to HTML Basic View
- Open a web browser and go to Gmail.com and log in as usual.
- Look at the top of the screen and choose “Set basic HTML as default view” to always load Gmail as Basic HTML in the current web browser.
Are emails written in HTML?
An HTML email is just HTML. Most emails you send or receive are MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) multi-part emails (not to be confused with MIME type). This standard combines both plain text and HTML, leaving it up to the recipient to decide which to render.